how to diet and be healthy???

i wanna diet in a good way...i have high blood pressure & im young i wanna stay healthy & enjoy life without worrying that what i what i eat is gonna affect my blood pressure. i wann use whole wheat eveything to help with dieting does anyone have suggestions.

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 3:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Hey there I use http://www.self.com/ it totally free and you can add your own meals and also your own workout to keep in track.
    They also give you great food to eat .

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2008/07/foods-for-weight-loss/
    http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2010/06/superfoods-for-flat-abs-slideshow#slide=1
    Good Luck
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 3:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The best thing to do is to make SLOW changes. Change one thing at a time. If you change everything all at once, it is a shock to the system; and you'll end up binge eating whatever foods you have completely cut out.
    Also, make sure that you allow yourself a little cheat once in a while, otherwise the binge eating will occur.

And remember, you don't want to go on a diet, you want to make a life long change. And change... Well, it takes time.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I totally agree w/ PhoenixFire about making changes slowly. It took me a long while but eventually by making changes one at a time, its so much easier and more enjoyable to eat healthy foods. I have high blood pressure too - genetic unfortunately as I'm not overweight and exercise a ton and eat super healthy. The biggest thing is to lower sodium content by trying to avoid processed foods. Eat lots of heart healthy foods like fish, beans, whole grains etc. Check the sodium content on everything - You'd be surprised what sodium is in. Try a new recipe every week or every other week that is healthy. If you like it, add it into your rotation. Be willing to try new things!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Look into the low glycemic index diet. Also look into Juice Plus, 17 different fruits and veggies in a capsule. I lost 19 lbs. Contact me if you'd like more info.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• To lower high blood pressure, stay away from anything that is prepackaged or processed, watch and look for hidden salt/sodium in foods such and injected chicken/turkey. Eat cucumber and drink 2 tsp of vinegar with every meal.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• www.sparkpeople.com is a fantastic site. Totally free- too. I am all about heart health! My son was born with a heart defect and it spurred my interest in heart health. Go to your library and checkout some heart healthy cookbooks. They have great recipes AND the good ones also explain cardiovascular health, what cholesterol numbers mean, what blood pressure numbers mean, the effects of high sodium, etc. It is awesome that you are choosing to get control of your health now.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 4:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010