Is it okay to give my 2 week old cold formula?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 3:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call a pharmacist IMMEDIATELY before giving a 2 week old COLD FORMULA. you need the guidelines from a pharmacist on proper dosing and if what you have is safe.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's better if it's room temperature or luke warm but I've given my baby cold formula before and she's drank it fine.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes. My DD had some at only ten minutes old because they had to wheel me to surgery to get my dang placenta out. So yeah it's cool!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Oh COLD formula? No. It should be warm. Your breastmilk isn't cold is it?
    GinNTonic

• No it will upset their tummy... It has to be at least room temperature and I'm only comfortable with warm for my 10 week old
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If she'll drink it I don't see the problem. Most babies prefer room temp or warm formula but some will drink it cold. My middle daughter did. She didn't care what temp it was and would drink it straight from the fridge without batting an eye. My 8 week old son won't take it if it's not the right temp for him. If we take it out of the fridge he spits the nipple out and cries until we warm the formula up a little.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My daughter used to drink cold formula. It may bother them, but it may not. Try it!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 3:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010