Where were you.?!

when 9-11 happens? I was in classroom in Middle School. My teacher suddenly stop lecturing and turn the TV on. It was all over the news.

My heart goes out for those who lost their families/friends during those time. I'm sending hugs along the way.

Bubbles_mommy

Asked by Bubbles_mommy at 3:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was at work in Wichita KS at an aircraft company. My eyes and several others who could be at computers where glued to the raw footage of what was happening. I am still scared and get up several times at night to hug my kids and tell them that I love them. At that time I only had one child.
    Ruthie170

Answer by Ruthie170 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I was teaching also. I had gone towards the office when the principal passed me carrying a tv. I teased him about missing soaps and he yelled for me to follow him. I planned my apology all the way to the office when he told me to watch this. I was perplexed, confused, shocked, and instantly angry. We decided to tell the older kids at our private school. We turned on the tv's and spent the day discussing the issue, the implications, the plan to handle, and had an impromptu lesson in government and civics. It was the most unbelievable thing I had ever experienced.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• On my way to school I end up staying home thought!!!
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 3:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• 8th grade, 1st period. My school wouldn't allow us to watch the TV that day. Everyone had to wait till school got out to see what was going on.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was attending college in NJ. Mom called me and told me to turn on the tv. From the hills of the campus there was a beautiful clear view of the nYC skyline, but that day all we saw was two thick lines of black smoke, which took over the skyline for many months after. My sister lived and worked in nYC at the time and we couldnt contact her for many days due to the chaos and phone lines being down. Thankfully she was ok. We did lose a mutual friend though. His sister and I are the same age, he and my sister were the same age. My dad used to work in the towers. I used to go to work with him all the time! He lost many friends who still worked there.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in class in 7t grade, an announcement went out telling teachers not to turn on the TV and then in 4th period my friend told me some planes crashed into some buildings it was on the radio in the office and parents were calling their kids out of school and then at lunch my mom came to get me because my dad owns a hotel in the city a couple blocks from the WTC and we couldnt reach him for days. My dad was stuck in the city for a week or 2, but he was ok. It's still weird when I go into the city and it's missing from the skyline, but I have never really been emotionally effected (personally). My heart goes out to all that were though. So much loss and pain and fear.

My dads side of the family is muslim though, it's tough, all the racial profiling. A lot of my family has gone to jail and detainment centers on suspicion charges. My family is from south america. It's ridiculous.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was 22 and waking up to get ready for work. I tried to change the channel because it was not my type of movie for the morning. And when I saw it on two other channels I relized it was real. My roommates and I sat in shock.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in middle school and they turned the tv on so we could all see it.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i was at home.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in Queens New york at work giving out my morning meds and I saw one of my patient's TV what seem to look like a movie. It was the towers being struck and falling to the grown. First tower then the second. It didn't sink in until I remembered my brother was supposed to work on the roof that day. He didn't make it to work that day. He had a flat tire.

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010