Do you want to be like your mother?

Why or why not?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• No. She's a good grandmother, but she wasn't very good to me growing up.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• HELL NO! My mother if I can even call her that. She's an alcoholic that always put herself first. The day we came home from the hospital she would drop us off at my grandmas and take off to do what ever she wanted. She didn't raise us kids. She was never there for me when I needed her. When I was raped ,s he wasn't there, told everyone I made it up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, in many ways... no, in many others.

My mom was a guilt-ridden agorophobe. In that way, I have no interest in emulating her. On the other hand, she was a deeply thoughtful and respectful parent.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• In some ways, yes. In some ways, no. For the most part I have an amazing, terrific, and loving mother. But I think she works WAY too much. I've always thought that. I miss having time with her (I've always missed time with her) because of her work schedule.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• She wasn't there when I was raped she wasn't there and told everyone I made it up. I can relate only it was my whole family that said that I was lying.
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I can relate only it was my whole family that said that I was lying.

I'm sorry :(
    I was told I needed counseling because I was very traumatized and my family refused to take me. Said No daughter of their's will ever see or need a shrink. Took me a lot longer and some bad choices to get over it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Do I want toi be an emotionaly unavaille abusive bitch? HELL NO. I think it is self explanatory there.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would like to have the strength my mom did. She left my dad when he was beating her. left with 3 kids and to another state, did not believe in Welfare so she worked 12 hours a day and went to school. My mom had alot of faults, did her best and sure there are things that I would change and those things are the the things I try not to have in my own personality ..but she seemed to have all the answers and she was always right.

And I am sorry to all those who had shitty mom's i have seen them and they all should have their overies ripped out so they don't have more kids
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes! My mom is an amazing person. She is kind, thoughtful, patient and supportive.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My mother is an amazing person. She's really great and genuinely loves all of us very much. I really would love to be like her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010