Would you adopt if you had the chance? Why or why not?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 3:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Adoption

• I would matter of fact my hubby and I have talked about it a few different times. I would like to take in a few foster children. My hubby and I, were in and out of the system, more him then me. There are a lot of foster parents that just do for the money we want to do it for the love we have for children. We both have children of our own I have a DD with my hubby and he has a 13 yrs old son that lives with us and a 9yrs old DD that lives with her mother. But we know what it is like to feel like no one gives two shits and I would always have an open door for a child or children that have come from a broken home. Yes i would adopt as many children as they would allow me to but right know i don't have the room but if need be I would find the room for a child that needs a loving home.

"Children are born into this world owing us nothing, we owing them everything"
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes and No. Yes because there are so any children out there that need a home. No because I'm able to have children with no problem and there are families out there that can't so I would rather them have the baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have adopted a child...internationally.
    To those of you that think people adopt internationally because it's easier or a celeb did it, need to actually do some research and learn a little before spouting nonsensical drivel.
    My Dh and I decided on our first date at 16 that we would adopt from China whether we had bio children or not. Our first dd was stillborn in 03' when we were 28 and had been married for 8 years. We started the process at the age of 30 in 05' and it took us 2 years to bring our dd home from China.
    The wait for China is currently over 4 years. No process is right, or even easy. Period. Every process has pros and cons and it is up to each family to decide which process is right for them.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes I would, but finacially can't. I think children are a gift and there are some many who don't have suitable homes and I would like to give them one.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would but as a baby or younger child. They need all the love and care they missed. The older ones have gotten so used to heartbreak that some of them are harder to reach. It's sad that more of the celebrities don't adopt from our country.Granted, ALL children need loving homes, but there are so many here.
    moonspell1

Answer by moonspell1 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• if i had the chance.....enough space, money, time, ect....i would adopt an older child. one of the ones that end up in the system their entire childhoods, but becuase i have had babies and have been able to enjoy them i wouldnt take that chance from someone who couldnt have babies.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I definately would. I placed a baby for adoption and it was the best decision I've ever made. Being able to have a relationship with her new parents and being able to put that type of joy and happiness into someone's life is amazing. I would adopt in a heartbeat. There are so many children out there that need great homes and a loving family. We have so much love to give, an adopted child would be perfect for us!!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There are a lot of children in this country that need parents BUT it's not that it's 'hard' It's that the children's bio parents are given soooo long to take there children back. The state rarely takes custody removing the parents rights leaving the kids in parental limbo. Can't but adopted but the chance of going back to there own family is slim to none. The kids that are available are older and have mental or emotional problems or are disabled. Not ever parent is cut out for that. Don't blame the parents going to other countries, blame our country for not growing balls and start removing parental rights ater a given amount of time making the kids adoptable instead of waiting for the parents to do it themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I adopted my "step" son, who I raised as my own since he was 6mos old. I plan on adopting again.
    For me, I feel like we all need to stop being so "us vs them" about EVERYTHING. We are ALL humans, and any child in need anywhere in the world that finds a good and loving home is a wonderful thing!! I don't like to think of ANY child suffering, in America or abroad! I do not understand all the animosity about international adoption! I think that no matter WHERE you adopt from you NEED to do thorough research to make sure that the adoption practices are not hurting the child or natural parents, a problem in 3rd world countries AND a huge problem with US infant adoption, too!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• in a heartbeat. however I committed a felony in my stupid younger days which now bars me from adoption. I would adopt an older child. knowing they have baggage and pain that has to be dealt with carefully.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010