Is it safe to do a system flush while breastfeeding?

My husband is a personal trainer and has been working out with me to get back to my pre-preggo bod. He wants me to do a system flush on the assumption that it should be safe to take while nursing our eight-month-old. Neither of us is certain and he'd like me to start as soon as possible, so I haven't gotten to consult either my doc or my daughter's pediatrician.

Has anyone ever flushed while breastfeeding? Is it safe?
Thanks.

Afromom

Asked by Afromom at 11:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• NO!!!! bad idea! it flushes everything out, including nutrients your baby needs this means that it will be leached from you!
    Anonymous

• I agree, bad idea. Flushing will dump toxins into your breastmilk and may take weeks to get toxins out of your system.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Body Flushes are NOT good while your breast feeding. It will leak into your breast milk. I'm an herbalife distributor and due to labeling laws it HAS to state on the bottle what you can and can not have. It specifically says...... No pregnant or Lactating women... wouldn't advise it.
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 11:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I Whole-Heartedly agree. Big No-No. All such products I have seen specifically say, Do not use is pregnant or nursing. Kudos to you for having the presence to ask.
    Sica_Belle

Answer by Sica_Belle at 1:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• No. Definitely not. A system flush or cleansing will release toxins into your bloodstream in order for you to "flush" them out. Since you are breastfeeding, those toxins will be in your blood supply which means your baby will be getting it in the milk. I would seriously consider waiting until you are done breastfeeding.
    nldeviney

Answer by nldeviney at 10:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've checked into it and no you can't while you're breastfeeding. Is this something you want to do?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008