How many of you have a Mom or MIL that constantly overstep their boundaries?

guardwife10

Asked by guardwife10 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I would if DH didn't know how to put my MIL in her place. I have issues with her trying to overstep her boundaries all the time. People are always yellin at her. lol. My mom..I don't have a problem with...cause she knows what that is like growing up with her MIL so he doesn't do it to me cause she hates it being done to her.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 3:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My FIL thinks he is the King of the Universe and that everything we do (my husband and I) should be ran by him first. We no longer even visit him.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have both. I think it's in their job description.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My mom not so much because she doesn't live close, but my MIL does sometimes.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Maybe....but its like I have to chose between my family or his....it drives me crazy.
    guardwife10

Comment by guardwife10 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my mom only steps in if asked and my mil lives 6 hours away so i guess im lucky but i have read countless questions on this subject on here so i know alot of you deal with this!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used to have a very overbearing MIL who interfered constantly in our lives, especially after we had our son, so we stopped visiting her and, even though she only lived about 2 miles from us, she never visited us, so we didn't see her as a family for about 2 years. Once we did resume relations again, she had learned her lesson and stopped trying to run our lives, so we managed to maintain a civil relationship until her death about 2 years later.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i have it on both sides and bil and sil. i'm not sure which is worse but after i started locking the doors and not visisting them for awhile they relaxed alittle.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My mom and MIL are great women I have no problems with either one of them. I am not someone that keeps my mouth shut when something bothers me. I speak my mind when ever need be. My mother has opinion on things and if i don't care to listen to what she has to say i don't. My MIL we see not so often as my mother but when she is around she knows better then to over step here boundies cause i will put her right back in her place.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My MIL has such a big problem with control. She's even condescended to sit us down like we're still children and tell us what for (more than once!). She's recently presumed to invite herself to our house to "have a talk with us" just because we don't want anything to do with his brother or his girlfriend (they won't stop harassing another family member). DH had to tell her, no you're not coming here, lol. I'm so glad that after 4 years he's finally standing up and telling her no. She calls constantly trying to guilt him into this or that, I can't stand it. She runs her mouth all the time, and I've just recently told her I've had it. And he's finally said that he's not going to put up with the way she talks about me anymore. But I doubt that's the end of it, lol, she can't ever let anything go. But she'll turn around and deny she's ever done anything wrong and act like she has no idea why anyone's upset with her...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010