Have you taken Prozac?

I am on this for PPD and I also have anxiety. I feel that my depression is doing much better but my anxiety has intensified lately. I have heard that, that can be a side effect but also that it can treat it what is your opinion on how it made you feel? I am wondering if I should get my medication changed or if I have to add another medication specially for the anxiety.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• Talk to your doctor about it. If the anxiety is increasing, it's important to find a different medication or perhaps a lower dose. Like PhoenixFire, I agree that exercise can make a huge difference. But don't think you have to keep yourself on a medication if it increases anxiety - that can just exacerbate everything else. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am taking it now (while pregnant). It works for me. You have to remember that it might take a few different times to find the medication that works for you.

Also, I have found that (for me) exercise works wonders! When I exercise, I feel so much better about myself and life in general. The first couple of weeks I really had to force myself because I didn't want to, but after that it was like the best natural high I could get! Eventually exercise replaced the medication.

Also, if you are breastfeeding, Prozac can make baby colicky. They put me on Zoloft while breastfeeding to avoid this problem.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Xanax can be paired with it for anxiety attacks
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If Prozac isn't working try Zoloft.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2010