Since my son was born

I have felt dirty lately. Oily, greasy and unusually sweaty.
Did this happen to you and what did you do to treat your hair and skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• I would get a body wash that has the beads and a good scrubby and scrub your body from head to tow and then a good lotion like aveeno deep wash and the lotion. I think that Cassie right it could be your hormones adjusting. our body goes though a lot of different noticing changes and not noticing changes when we have children. I didn't go though this but my hair was just dead and breaking i had to get 3 inches cut off when my DD was 3 months old which was huge for me.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• it could just be your body readjusting to hormone levels. you can talk to a dermatologist.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• This happened to me after my DD was born, and actually my hair started to fall out, I got some pretty bad acne, etc. So I started taking the prenatal vitamins again and that helped quite a bit!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use Neutregena Advanced Solutions. You can get it at Target for a good price. It is a face wash, a day cream (with SPF 15), and a night cream. I have always had MAJOR problems with oily skin on my face, and this is the ONLY thing I have found that works. (And believe me, I have tried just about EVERYTHING there is out there including Pro Active.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Haha...yeah I felt like a greasy scumball, but part of it was because I would go 2 days sometimes without a shower..YUCK! My daughter just never wanted me to put her down the first few months. The first month, I pretty much felt scummy all the time and my hair was a WRECK! It saddens me now, but I cut it when she was 4 months old..................all the way from a few inches above my waist to under my ears. I just didn't have time for it. Now that she is older, I may let it grow back...we'll see. Also, my hair was super tight curls before I had her.....now it seems almost straight. However, it has been dyed quite a few times and straightened several times, so I think and HOPE that it is just super damaged and will be fine once it grows out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010