How many of ya feel like ya are not doing any thing for yourself?

OK so I know i decide to get married and have a kid but I decide to do something for my self so I when to go study to be a tax prepare and to be a public notary now I want to get my GED.
How many of ya feel the same and what have you accomplish?

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 4:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel the same way; I started going back to school last year but it's been tough because I'm kind of running through all the general education credits for my degree and don't feel like I'm studying the interesting stuff yet! I also recently started volunteering with an organization that interests me, and I found that to be a huge help. Gives me something to feel good about, I get out and get a break from the kids, and it's something I can tell people about when they ask what I do, instead of just saying "I'm a mom". :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have thought the same thing. I did go back to school at 31 and it was great feeling like I finally did something for me. I have 4 children and have been married 8 yrs...
    MaryR76

Answer by MaryR76 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have always talked about writing a book. But I have never actually started the task until recently. It is so much better to live the dream than to just talk about it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am in college I graduate in 2012 I have my own production company and next year I will run Iron Man. I feel accomplishments are happening.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have been an LPN for 17 years. I was suppose to go back to finish my RN right away. After marraige and a child , I am still an LPN. I am back in school to get my RN. and I want to finish my masters in Psychology.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There are a lot of things that I really want to accomplish. I have my kids, my husband, a house, a car, so now I need to focus on things outside of that. I want to get into the photography field. I want to own my own business one day. I need to get my GED as well, maybe go to school. I really want to travel more.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• im never doin anything for my self. I have 3 kids i dont have time for myself really unless they are in bed :(
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ive always wanted to be a stay at home mom... : )
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm working on my bachelors degree right now because I kept putting if off for the kid's sake. I was very busy at one time taking care of them, but the school I work at told me I can get my own classroom if I earn a bachelor's degree. One more year and I'll be done. I always try to tell moms to take care of you too. I mean it's great that we're good moms and we want our kids to have our full attention, but we need to enjoy our life too right?
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Wow ambr2006 I totally agree with you 100%
    elisabellaguna

Comment by elisabellaguna (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010