Do you smoke... adult content

Marijuana?
why?
why not?
dose it help you function?
dose it disgust you with every fiber that anyone would smoke it?
I smoke it but not in my home. I think that it helps calm me down enough to deal with my life. I do not smoke till I am retarded either, just until I am relaxed a little. Would you hold that against me or tell me I am a bad mother even though you don't know me will never know me and don't know how great a mother I am? Come on judge me now cause this is the only time I am putting this out here to be opinionated on. I think that are people who are dumb on weed the ones who smoke till they are retarded but those who don't are alright by me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I have been a pot smoker...I found mj relaxing and a truely enlightening experience...I did quit when I found out I was going to be a moher not because I suddenly changed my mind about it but because of the possible legal ramifications...if it were to become a legalized thing I would certainly go back to it as a mode of relaxation after a long day and quite frankly I have missed haviing that option, but just like I dont consume alcohol in front of my children I wouldn't smoke pot in front of them either. and just for the record I stopped smoking pot cold turkey and never felt any kind of withdrawls...and although it still sounds nice sometimes it is not hard for me to avoid and I dont crave it, anyone that says it is addictive is ignorant in this particular area...it has actualy been proven to be something you cant be physicaly addicted to..so I wouldn't judge you for making that choice i would just say, remember it is illegal
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Honestly you'd be surprised how many Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians, and Accountants smoke marijuana. Marijuana is not a chemically altered drug its a plant. I don't think any less of you for smoking it. I'm very much for the legalization of marijuana. Its less harmful than tobacco and alcohol.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't smoke but do not bash those who do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't smoke it, but I don't hold it against anyone who does - unless it's the only thing they do, all day, every day. I don't ask and don't care, unless they're coming to work high, or smoking it around children. Now my neighbors below me, who smoke out so heavy that the smell fills my apartment on weekends? THAT I have a problem with.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I do not. I have. However it was just never something I enjoyed doing... I became highly paranoid to the point where I was a danger to those around me... So it's not something I continued. On the other hand, I understand how and why it has medicinal uses and how usage can be beneficial for those who do use it. I'm a HUGE supporter of the legalization and a firm believer that there are more benefits than risks with marijuana but that until it's legalized for some time people will never see those benefits at large. I believe like just about every other substance out there, over use is and can be dangerous, however, like a drink with dinner, a joint is not by itself a dangerous thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• not anymore! I lived with stoner roommates and once I got pregnant just the smell made me nausous (which is funny since many smoke pot to CURE nausea!). SO and I moved in a new place together, away from it all and I never looked back. I used to party hardy all the time but as i got older it just made me get the munchies and paranoid so it lost it's appeal.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Absolutely not because it is not worth loosing my kids, my home my life over b/c you can go to jail.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No I don't!

It is funny I was reading a post where the lady was saying her dh was going to jail because he had been caught with pot. A lot of people were pretty hard on her because she was worried how she was going to make a go of it financially without him.  They were going on about how he knew what he was doing was illegal and he should have thought about how it was going to effect his family. 

And then I see other posts where people go on about how pot is great it helps you relax and helps calm stress...makes you a better parent.

Sounds like lots of people smoke pot it seems strange to me that these same people turn on another individual and say what he did was illegal let him take the punishment he deserves it!

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No I never had and never will! If people were not addicted to it than why do they keep smoking it?
    Apperently from the peoples comments that smoke it, they "smoke it to relax" So if you cannot relax anyother way than I would say you are addicted!! :)............Come on!! it it OBVIOS!! I think that it is GOOFY to say it makes you a better parent. annabel1809lee.

People can do what ever they like in their own home and around their house......who cares! but I wouldn't want that around my kids to me they are more important than any habbit that is going to affect our family life in anyway! I say that because if your a mom and you get cought smoking pot or under your pocession your risking going to jail and losing time with your children than you'll have to explain to them why you were in Jail! Not worth it to me! I think that is Moranic for people to put themselves in situation like that!!

And that is my OPINION!
    Nancygray2

Answer by Nancygray2 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• raemommy... I dont see why you are getting so upset. I did not say I was a good mother cause I was smoking it lol I said would you think that I am a horrible mother for doing it even though I am a great mother. I was not like OH yeah I am a GREAT MOMMY CAUSE I SMOKE WEED!!! duhhh I was asking if people would judge me on it cause I do do it good for you not doing it any more and good for your husband who still does it HE IS A GREAT FATHER CAUSE HE SMOKES WEED!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH YAAAAYYY HE IS SOOO GREAT!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010