Do YOU think hot water cleans your clothes better?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only use hot water on my whites. Everything else is washed in cold water.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use hot water on almost all our clothes; it's just personal preference. I know it saves electricity to use cold water, but the clothes do not smell or feel as clean to me, and I often find food particles or something still stuck in them, which just grosses me out. I'd rather feel like they were clean the first time than be tempted to run them through again and/or do additional washing by hand.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• According to the laundry detergent companies it is better in the hotest tems your clothes can handle however they don't pay our gas/electric bills.I use cold mainly and ususally hot for whites.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 4:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use hot for diapers and warm for towels, hot for dog bedding, cold for all other clothes and our bedding.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i dont know... my washer chooses for me lol it has settings that you pick what youre washing and then it washes it lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I prefer hot water...I'm sure it's psychological, but it doesn't seem as if they'll actually be clean being washed in cold water. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010