Baby Mum Mum Rice crackers

My son will be 7 months on the 19th and he has been given baby food ever since 5 months when he showed interest in it. He is in the process of teething and I was told to get him some baby biscuits as it would help. They seemed to dangerous (choking) to me so I got him the baby mum mum rice crackers since they melt in his mouth a little bit better. In your opinion (and please don't judge me as a mother) are these safe for my baby? He very much enjoys them and seems to be good at "gumming" them to death. Has anyone else used these?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I gave these to my daughter around that age and she loved them too!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• They sound fine because they melt in the mouth. I gave my oldest the teething biscuits that are very hard. It broke off down his throat and he choked on them. Stay away from them!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My son absolutely loves them! Biter biscuits are just way too messy, and the Mum mums are a great alternative!
    bethanysmom1007

Answer by bethanysmom1007 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes they melt pretty fast. I thought they melted to fast, this is why I think they are safe. Just makes sure you just watch him whenever you give him any snack until he has teeth and can handle on his own with no fear. I have tasted them and they remind me of rice cakes.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think they are safe. My DD never had any problems with them. I think they are just for chewing on, I'm sure they have little or no nutritional value, but harmless!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My daughter ate them (and so did I sometimes lol). I think they are way better for a baby than the teething biscuits. I didn't give those to my daughter until she was around 1, and I still watched her very closely with them. I agree that they seem like more of a choking hazard than the Baby Mum Mums.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010