Do you think it's inconsiderate?

I'm not of the belief that my boyfriend and I have to see each other every day. In fact I think it's nice for us to have days to ourselves so that we don't drive each other nuts. However, yesterday I suggested he take a day for himself so that he could relax after work (he's been really stressed), and then asked what he was up to tomorrow.His response was I don't know. Today I texted him to say good afternoon and ask what he was up to for the rest of the day, and he has not replied to either. We have been dating for 11 months. I'm not assuming he is ignoring them but he is the type to check his phone fairly regulary. Would you get mad? I'm too prideful and would rather not send another text, but do you think I should?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• No..
    Most men don't like to feel "chased"... no matter what... don't come across as clingy.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 4:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• no
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Well get so busy that when he does come around to responding you will be too busy to notice. He'll get the hint quickly.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Go to the mall and do some shopping ... that's what I used to to when my bf wasn't responding. He's my hubby now and he told me it was all because he was afraid he was getting too close to me. So, it killed him when I didn't talk to him ... then all of the sudden he was chasing me!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Could he have took your suggestion that he has a day to himself wrongly? I'd wait till tomorrow and if he hasn't called or texted go see him. There might be a misunderstanding.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think so. I suggested he have a day to himself yesterday. He understood me correctly and did.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm not trying to be mean but from everything I've seen and heard from friends and relatives, is that if someone, even a boyfriend, wants to talk to you, they will. If he is the type to check his phone regularly, he has seen you sent a message. I am really of the opinion he misunderstood or thought you didn't want him around for the day. I would suggest going out and doing something for you. Don't wait around for him to talk to you. You'd be surprised how quickly he'll talk to you when you're not hanging around watiting for him to call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• maybe he's taking your advise. sounds like you only want that when you are in control of when that happens... if you mean that you need time apart but regular communication you need to be clear. he might be very confused by your words and actions - they seem to change / inconsistent.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I've noticed that. I think before we started dating, actually, I know, that I was more independent. I would never wait around for a phone call or a text, or make myself as available as I have now. But at the same time, I feel like cutting off contact and waiting for him to come to me is like playing a game. I hate games. What should I do?
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010