What would you do?

My husband's ex-wife is telling everyone that I am his mistress that he left her for. I didn't even meet him until they had been seperated for 8 months and then we were friends for a long time. What would you say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't say anything. You will be the bigger person and she will look like the fool continuing to talk about you and her ex
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:25 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wouln't give her the satisfaction of saying anything to her.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ignore her
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'd let her keep talking until she slips up.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Nothing. It doesn't matter what she thinks. Her marriage to your husband is over. Don't let her pettiness spoil your day. Anyone who knows you will already know that what she is saying isn't true. Just be the bigger person and let it go. I doubt there is anything you could say to make her change her mind anyway. In time she'll find someone new and she'll get over her past.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• She just wants sympathy. Feel sorry for her that she has to be like that and move on.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• She doesn't deserve your attention; acting like that indicates that she's desperate for attention/sympathy. You know the truth, and that's all that matters.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't say a thing to her let her run her mouth all she wants. You know the truth and your Hubby knows the truth so that is all that matters. Don't go to her level she wants you to play into her drama and that is not what you need or want. Leave it alone. She will get over it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Nothing, she doesn't deserve your time and energy.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i wouldn't say anything. who cares. if someone confronts you, simply laugh... you don't need to defend yourself against baseless accusations and you don't need to explain anything. anyone who is immature enough to participate in her drama isn't worth wasting your time worrying about their opinions
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010