Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could afford a housekeeper, would you hire one?

I feel like I am constantly cleaning 40% of my house, and the other 60% is a wreck. I never catch all the way up because that would require giving up my "me time" several days in a row, and I need that time to stay sane. But when I imagine having the money to hire a regular housekeeper, I get wigged out by the thought of someone else moving/organizing/cleaning all my stuff! Anyone else feel this way? Would you hire a housekeeper if you could? Why/why not?

I guess I'd better get used to my microwave being a countertop, my bathroom floor being a laundry basket, etc! LOL

Answer Question
 
aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 4:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 20 (8,465 Credits)
Answers (20)
  • I would hire one in a heart beat if I had the money! Heck, I'd hire someone to do the lawn and landscaping while I was at it too!!!
    PhoenixFire

    Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • hell yea!!!
    skittles1108

    Answer by skittles1108 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • No b/c someone would always be in my house, in my business, no privacy. I'd just assume do it myself!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

    Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • No I wouldn't. As a wife it's my job to be cleaning the home and raising the children. That is one thing I hate about my husband's country, all the women ask for servants/nanny as part of their marriage gift and then they neglect the children and basically treat their servants like crap. Pisses me off. My husband and I see that as lazy parenting.
    wife2ali

    Answer by wife2ali at 4:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • I have a cleaning lady that comes everday other Monday ... it's the nicest gift my hubby has ever given me other than my kids! AND it's the best spent $50 :)
    kaylan010

    Answer by kaylan010 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • I have a cleaning lady come about once a month to do a good cleaning of the whole house at once and then I keep up with picking things up as much as I can. I do have a bit of anxiety with someone coming in my home and touching my stuff but I have a 3500sqft home with 6 bedrooms and 4 full baths and I just don't have the time, energy or patience to do it all at once like she does. She charges $120 a month and to me it is well worth it for my sanity and my DH feels to same, LOL! I would give up more things to have her come every two weeks but I keep it fairly picked up and clean until she comes again.
    Congenial

    Answer by Congenial at 4:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • HELL YEAH
    mommy_of_two388

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • My cleaning lady comes once a week. I am a SAHM but I would rather spend my time raising my kids instead of scrubbing toilets. This way she does the deep cleaning and the matinance durng the week only takes up an hour or two every day.
    fatcat0908

    Answer by fatcat0908 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • I would hire one if I could, and it wouldn't bother me coming home to a clean house. If I could have anything I wanted it would be a personal chef.
    QandA

    Answer by QandA at 4:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • No, I enjoy taking care of my home.
    LovingSAHMommy

    Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN