TIming BD for conception adult content

With respect to the 'Sperm meets egg method' of conception which we are going to try, I just want to make sure that I have this right;
On cycle day 8 (just after my period), we begin 'trying' that day, and every other day til ovulation. Then, just to be sure, we should also 'try' the day of ovulation as well?
I also begin using my OPK's starting on cycle day 10 up until I see a very dark positive reading?
It is also mentioned to be taking Robitussin daily during the 'trying' phase and then stop it once I have ovulated. (this is given as advice to try after 'trying' this method for a few months with no success, but we are going to try it this time anyway) Couldn't hurt to do all we can and see what happens.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 4:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• In 5 more days, we can put this method to use. Hubby can't wait!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You could just have lots and lots of sex all the time; why do you have to "start trying" on any certain day? Trying to make a baby should be tons of fun with as much sex as possible because god knows you won't be getting much of it after your baby is born!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wish it were that easy.......we have been trying for 9 years and we aren't getting any younger. Had tests done and we are going back to do some more bloodwork and possibly being referred to a fertility specialist if we continue to have difficulty.
    We did get pregnant this past spring but sadly, I m/c in June so we are trying again. We have been told that this is a very fertile time for me as I have recently m/c so we are hoping that it won't take too long to concieve.
    We are just trying different methods to see if any change to our sex life would help.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear that. But good luck and I'll send some good thoughts for you and your reproductive organs! =p
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Starting on day 8 sounds good, I would also have sex up to two days after you ovulate to be sure. Good luck!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 4:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Before we started TTC I decided to read up on it. The best information I found was on

www.tcoyf.com

I highly recommend the site and the software. They have wonderful information and help you with charting. The software told me I was pregnant before I even took a test~!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010