My 2 month old has pretty bad acid reflux. Has anyone else experienced this and what is a good way to get her to swallow the liquid Zantac that was prescribed? She either spits it out or spits up like 5 minutes later!!!

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mix it in a bottle of formula.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• A little bit of liquid malox can help her discomfort short term (a few hours). Mixing the zantac with formula or pumped milk can help. Talk to the pharmacy about adding flavor, that can help too.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have tried that and she threw up about 30 minutes later...not a spit-up as usual.
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I quit giving it to my son because of the same problem, which I never had with my other children. I just figured he cant handle the meds so I put cereal in my 2 month olds bottle...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I am thinking that may be the case....weak stomach, like momma :( She is gaining weight so the doc. is not worried....but I really hate to see half of what she eats come out over the next hour after she eats. Weird that it doesn't happen during night feedings though.
    siren77

Comment by siren77 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Have you tried the pacifier medicine dropper? I bought one at Target and it's shaped a little differently from their regular pacis, but they took it anyway and since they were sucking on the paci, they just sucked down the medicine.

Answer by missanc at 5:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• my has had acid reflex problems since he was 2 weeks the doc put him on one tbl s of baby ceareal in his formula he would drink one reg bottle then one with ceareal n it helped alot
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i gave it to my ds in small increments
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i bought this thing at walmart in the baby section if you take it apart it looks like a regular medicine cup, but the top has a nipple like a bottle, i just put my dd zantac and reglan in it and offer it to her first followed by a bottle i have never had any problems..good luck oh i think that thing is made my parents first..its orange
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2010