Does this anger you?

People who get pets and them make excuses to get rid of them. I would never get rid of a pet. Not if I moved or got divorced or any other reason.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pets

• If you can't accept an animal as part of your family you have no business bringing one into your home. If you make them dependent on you for everything than you are responsible for them. It really should be that simple. It isn't their fault if your situation changes. It isn't their fault if they don't 'suit' your lifestyle. It is up to humans ~ the ones with opposable thumbs and the capability of forward thinking to actually THINK before you bring one home, research the breed you are interested in so you know what they need as far as exercise, grooming, etc., and to figure out if you can afford the general care they will need.

Yes things can change ~ but when you make plans or have to swap gears and make changes, you should include the pet that you made yourself responsible for. I've got 8 cats and 4 dogs. ALL of them were dumped on the streets. They are just animals, but they are alive and they 'need' just like you.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't believe in it, but in the same breath it is an anima, try doing the right thing and finding it another home, you can't always live with it destroying or ruining your life. Hard call.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It pisses me off alot more when someone gets a pet & just puts them outside with No Interaction or anything! My neighbors next door just got a Lab Mix puppy & i have spent more time with him through the fence then they have!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you make a mistake, you should not have to live with it and suck it up for 10 to 15 years. You and your family are more important.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No you/they should not have to keep it. I say as long as they find a nice family or person to take the pet, or call the Humane society that is fine. I hate when people just let them out to be stray's that I believe is wrong.
    Sometimes pets just don't work out.
    buddahbum

Answer by buddahbum at 4:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I love my pets dearly and I can't understand how some people give they up easily, but I know lots of people have given up pets and it's been very hard for them sometimes you are really just in a terrible situation and you have to make hard choices.

I've also know someone who has adopted more then one kitten then gives them to a shelter because she has allergies. It is very hard to adopt out an adult cat. If you know you have allergies let the kitten find a good home now while they can.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• *humane
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think if you have something more serious than housing, like for instance, having a deadly illness like cancer, I would understand.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 5:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I do believe that once an animal becomes your responsiblity it is for the life of the animal. But I can undersstand certain situations. Sometimes, there is a very valid reason. Three months ago, I thought I was going to have to find two of my dogs a new home and that tore me up inside. My husband left me at that point and then threatened me. I had to get my daughter and myself out of that situation FAST. I was thankfully, able to bring them all with me and we have settled in nicely to our new life. But in the beginnning I was not sure what was going to happen and it made my stress level go through the roof as if it wasn't already.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Animals are like children, better for them to b in a home where they r loved and wanted than in a home where they are neglected or abused... so if someone gets a pet and decides they dont want it anymore, find someone who does! there r lots of better, loving homes for pets out there...
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 8:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010