Tide, All, Dreft

I know Dreft is the typical laundry soap for babies, but has anyone tried the new Tide or All? They both claim to be free & clear of all dyes and chemicals known to irritate baby's skin and they are both cheaper than buying Dreft. I was just wondering because we are getting ready to start washing up the baby clothes and blankets for our little one and I want to make sure I use a product that won't irritate her sensitive skin!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have used All Free and Clear since day one...............it's the same thing (free of dyes, perfumes etc.) and much cheaper than Dreft. I use it for all of us now and it works great!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used Dreft at first with my kids but then switched to Tide Free and it worked just fine.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I meant since day one of my daughter's life...in fact earlier, because like you I washed everything in advance. My daughter had super sensitive skin in the beginning with reactions to certain diapers and certain wipes, but her clothing never irritated her skin whatsoever. Dreft is marketed towards new mothers who think that they HAVE to spend extra for the safety of their babies....terrible scare tactic. All will work just fine for your little one. Best wIshes!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used dreft for the 1st yr and switched to tide. Dreft is for babies up to 18 months i think and i used it for 12 but when i switched it didnt irritate his skin at all. So im sure tide would probably be fine.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• any free and clear should be fine. thats all i used.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use either Baby All or All free and clear, both work great and neither one irritates my dd's skin.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i use the All brand and IMO I like the smell of it a lot better than the dreft and it seems to contain the same type of ingredients.
    LLE672

Answer by LLE672 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I used free and clear with all my kids. No problems
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I use what we use on baby's cloth.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Dreft is the only detergent I've tried that doesn't irritate my daughter's skin. We tried Tide Free and it didn't work for us.
    loriio769

Answer by loriio769 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010