Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Has your child ever been shocked by a plug in?

My dd who is 5 tried to pull the nightlight out of the socket yesterday and got a good shock.

It scared her to death and she was freaked out for about 30 minutes after wards.

Wish she hadnt done it, but NOW she knows I am not lying about the plug hurting her!!!! She is one of those kids who has to figure it out on their own! Told her a million and one times not to touch them!!!

Answer Question
 
mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 4:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 22 (12,305 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • Umm..no HOWEVER, I stuck my finger in a light socket as a child! OUCHEE! I am though fine it mess didn't me up at all.

    lol.......just kidding, I did get quite a shock though! Hey, at least she learned without any real damage, likes did me!~ lolol
    BridgetC140

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • Hasn't happened yet and hope it dont. My mom says when i was a child i stuck keys into a socket and i got shocked !!! My mom really freaked out.
    giovannismom19

    Answer by giovannismom19 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • No my son has not been shocked but he has seen me get shocked!
    KTMOM

    Answer by KTMOM at 6:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • my dd has not been shocked TG!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

    Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

  • No, thank God.
    sstepph

    Answer by sstepph at 7:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • Yep when she was younger I told her not to toiuch the plug and she did and boy did she get the shock of her life LOL!
    Moms_Angels1960

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • nope... it's just not safe, to let them find out on their own
    asil

    Answer by asil at 11:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • No. But my dd has a very mild shock from turning a light switch on and off too slow.
    bookworm23

    Answer by bookworm23 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • it's just not safe, to let them find out on their own


    Well duh...I didnt tell her too....geez
    mom2twobabes

    Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • no, yet our plugs have always been hidden with furniture lol. i'm sorry your child had to go through it, sometimes that's the only way they learn.
    sodapple

    Answer by sodapple at 1:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN