Do you take pregnancy tests even though you're on BC just in case something goes wrong?

I've got the copper IUD but since I have an irregular period I find myself taking a pregnancy test almost every time I'm a week or two late. I figure if I'm pregnant it's best to know right away. But sometimes it just makes feel paranoid.

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 5:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i got pregnant on the nuva ring. i went to the doctor for pain and ended up being pregnant. no b/c is 100%
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i have done this many many times and IMO it is better to be safe than sorry, especially if you are not actively trying to get pg...good luck mama!
    LLE672

Answer by LLE672 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When I was actually having sex, yeah I did the same thing. I took a test any time I felt pregnant or started late.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Why not? Nothing is 100% effective. People do get pregnant even on the most effective birth controls. I conceived using the pill (miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks). It can happen. I'm on the IUD now, too, and I've had a couple of "scares". Always better to know sooner than later!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i got pregnant with my 3rd with the paragard. boy was it unexpected! and i've known other people who've gotten preg while on bc. it's all about timing so you just never can be too sure.
    tcmaneen

Answer by tcmaneen at 4:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If your 2 weeks late then take the test. But If I were you I would take the test if I was 3 weeks late. Pill do mess up your pms something. So next time give it about 3 weeks
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010