When can freedom of speech be too far?

I think this koran burning was the poster child of too far.

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• According to the law, when it incites violence or causes injury to another. The pastard managed to create a situation which led to NATO security having to shoot people, so I'd say he qualifies. Even after he did finally agree to cancel.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Its one man standing up for his beliefs some people feel stronger about this stuff than others....
    bradymoma86

Answer by bradymoma86 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i think it goes too far when you're in the mall with your kid(s) and you hear teens yelling obscenities really loudly!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Oh gosh....that guy was from my town. Just like in other countries burning bibles (what I belive in) is too far. Theres just way too much grey lines going on it seems like. I dont think he should burn their bible or whatever it is, just like they shouldnt build a mosk two blocks away from ground zero...Thats a slap in the face to us americas.
    Joeysmama012709

Answer by Joeysmama012709 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Oh yes, burning anything that is of value to another person is too far.

But when our forefathers added freedom of speech they had NO IDEA how rude, vulgar and outright CRAZY people of today would be. They just wanted freedom to state their opinion....not hate others opinions in hateful ways.

They would be saddened by the state of affairs.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Im sure the man didnt sadistically plan to have NATO security needing to shoot people.
    bradymoma86

Answer by bradymoma86 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

When the General of the Armed Forces in Afghanistan tells you you are inciting violence and you keep talking, you can't later claim ignorance.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Once the speech starts to cause others harm. Not annoyance, or offense, but harm. There are some things that should never be said by decent people, but they are, and that's the price of freedom. Your rights stop at the point of causing someone actual physical harm, or monetary harm.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

Probably not Bradymom....but that is what comes from hatred and ignorance....lack of tolerance.

If you sit and think about the plan what else is it meant to do but piss of the other "side"

I am a Christian...makes me sad that he calls himself one. B/c the Jesus I KNOW would NEVER EVER do anything like this to anyone of any race or religion...he would love them and care for them as if they were his blood brother!!!!!

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Harm to the American troops because of extremist beliefs? I pray for our troops
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010