Plato's Closet ... worth it?

I have about 11 huge bins full of clothes that I want to get rid of. There are at least 20 pairs of designer jeans and hundreds of shirt/sweaters. All of my clothes are in great shape and very trendy. Do I bring them and get money for them OR do I donate them?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• donate, I heard they give BOTTOM dollar, I guess if you want the gas money back from your trip over there but they pay the least possible.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'd donate them and take the tax deduction (and help out some folks in the process.) You could find out what they pay for clothes, typically it's not much, even for designer things. (Unless it's Dior, Chloe, etc.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Donating is always nice. If you want to donate them you should and if your wanting some cash you can divide them up and donate some and sell some. Up to you.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't know about Plato's Closet, but I do know that the Once Upon A Child here is not worth taking things to. I brought in three boxes of nice children's cklothes and they took a pair of shorts and a shirt. They paid me something like 4-5 dolars for the two. I haven't given anything since. It wasn't worth it to me. I donate now.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 11:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• OMG I love Patos closest....i found out by a friend about it....once i went there i was hooked......im very trendy person.....plus they buy your clothes i love it :)......its good place to shop if your a hand me down type person....ive found brand new things in there.....they dont just sell younger generation stuff its a little of evrything...i go there for my dress pants.....they everything from H&M, EXPRESS, 7 FOR MANKIND ETC....i bout some barely used coach sneakers for $25......they cant sell anything over i think like $50 regardless of how much they buy it for......its basically to me like a consignment store......I LOVE IT!!!!!
    cute504dimples

Answer by cute504dimples at 1:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my DD and her friend took some stuff there and got $55. which I thought was awesome because I would have just donated it to Value Village. I'd say, yes, sell it and what ever they dont take, donate it.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010