Could I have Pts syndrom?

post-tramatic stress syndrom. I gave birth last sunday to mine and my fiances 3rd child. He is currently working out of state and was during the birth. I gave birth to our son all alone, well there were doctors there, and my placenta stuck, again. I had to go to the OR and everything all by myself and it really scared me. I am afraid to be alone and when I am I go into depression. Is there anything that could treat PTS syndrom or does it just go away on its own?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 5:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Health

• PTS isn't diagnosed until at least 6 mo after a traumatic event- if you are still having symptoms of anxiety, stress, flashbacks, etc...
    you are more likely to be diagnosed with Post Partum Depression if you are feeling depressed and anxious...
    Talk to your Dr. about it... I know there are things you can take even if you are breastfeeding that won't affect the baby
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I know its not post pardum deppression because I had that with my 1st and this is completely different.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010