again?

so me and my husband have 4 kids and he wants a fifth but i dont think im ready. the youngest of the 4 are the twins that are 3 and 1/2 what should i do... i want another child but not sure how the kids will handle it

pandapoo100

Asked by pandapoo100 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Kids will handle the reality they're faced with. We have kids for our own reasons, not for our kids' needs.

Remember, in making this decision, that you're older than you've ever been before, and you have more children than you've ever had when pregnant or with a new baby... be gentle with yourself, get lots of help and be prepared to recover slowly. You might not, but you need to be prepared for it to be harder and longer than last time.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think 4 kids is plenty. You said you're both not ready for another and that you want another, so which is it? I don't know why people make a marathon out of having children. Maybe focus your energy on loving the ones you have, instead of creating another one that will need a lot of your attention and take away from your current children. Just my opinion.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 5:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• thanks and i said that he is ready and im not sure that i am but i think we are just gonna let nature take its course. and we arnt making a marathon out of having kids its just that we like to have the little babies and seeing them devlop such as our little 10 year old girl she is the cutest little girl i have seen. we do focus our energy on the kids we already have but we always wanted to have as many as god would let us have. and i realize that it is going to be a lot harder to recover but i dont think its going to much harder from 22 to 27. but i dont know obviously .
    melanie
    pandapoo100

Comment by pandapoo100 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• They will handle it. It may take more adjustment on the twins part b/c they are used to being the babies but if another sibling comes, they will be fine and may even want to help.
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010