Strength training... adult content

Ok, I have no desire to lose weight... I want to stay the same or maybe gain a few pounds, I'm curious if Strength training the way to go? What to you think?

Also, silly side note... Will it make my boobs smaller?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• absolutely. strength training will keep your muscles toned, keep you in fantastic shape, and keep you healthy w/o making you lose weight. in fact you'll prolly gain a little muscle and no you won't end up looking like a man
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Strength training is definitely the way to go!

You'll get slimmer, even at the same weight. You'll have way more energy. You'll be healthier and have more resilience to any kind of disease from a cold to cancer. You'll lower your risk of all kinds of lifestyle diseases (heart disease, diabetes, cancer)... Your joints will be healthier, your bones will be denser...

You may put on weight, but your bodyfat ratio will drop, so you'll look lighter.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• strength training is a great way to tone up... if you want to add weight then you'll have to do heavier weights- less reps... and you might need to add some more calories (from lean protein is the best)
    About your boobs,,, kind of depends on the person I think, in my experience push ups and bench press made my boobs perkier but not smaller... other friends of mine have complained that their boobs got smaller from working out (but they lost a good deal of weight too so that's the more likely culprit)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think it should make your boobs look smaller. I have implants and my surgeon recommends not to directly work the chest muscles (like with chest presses).

I am trying to get consistant with ST myself.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010