God's love....

Have you ever witnessed someone who was TRULY full of their gods' love?
I only ask because I just spent a few days with my Aunt, who is a very devout christian. Her faith has always been so important to her, but yet has never ever pushed it upon others. Her actions and how she speaks tells me that her heart is full of love. She attributes this to her god, and I say, good for you!
We were out having lunch, and when we got our meals....she quietly bowed her head and closed her eyes. She wasn't loud about it, she didn't feel the need to explain it to me. I found her grace to be so beautiful. And it is times like this that I wish I saw more of this in people of religious beliefs.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mother. She was generous, kind-hearted, and preferred to live her faith rather than preach it. Not that it stopped her from trying to "witness" to me constantly. Not that it stopped her from experiencing a long list of illnesses and weakness. Not that it protected her from being taken advantage of, or falling prey to tragedy and misfortune. It only stopped her from being angry and bitter about it. The god that she created in her own mind was strong. She would have been an awesome witch!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• she is true of faith. those true of faith do not force their beliefs on others. she sounds like a wonderful woman
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I've had a few people in my life like that... they are very special... I want to be like them when I grow up
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Do you share her faith?
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No momofonelilguy...I am an atheist.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I know quite a few people who's hearts are full of love :)

Paix

Answer by Paix at 5:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We have been told that "they will know you are mine by your love", and I believe that's true. Those who are truly close to God will show it through their love. It will be evident. This need to toot your own horn, for example, isn't what does it, its the love in your heart that tells the true nature of your soul and the kind of relationship you have with God.

I think its amazing to see God through others, through their love. And it doesn't matter what faith - there are those of many faiths who just have that love radiating through them...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was just wondering because although I do believe that she must have a great amnt of faith and how wonderful that is I just wonder if maybe you might also appreciate it because you don't feel like someone is challenging your belief system... I don't believe in "pushing" people, but sometimes I think it's good to get out of our comfort zone too... Anyhow, I'll leave it at that... :)
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• ""I was just wondering because although I do believe that she must have a great amnt of faith and how wonderful that is I just wonder if maybe you might also appreciate it because you don't feel like someone is challenging your belief system... I don't believe in "pushing" people, but sometimes I think it's good to get out of our comfort zone too."

My beliefs aren't usually challenged by anyone. IF they were I wouldn't be strong in my beliefs as I am. I can find beauty in anothers' beliefs, and still be completely at ease within my own. My beliefs are not threatened by anothers display of faith.
    WHy am I not surprised that somone would put a negative spin in response to this...or better yet, find a way to slam me with it. Oy vay!
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I apologize if you took it that way.. that wasn't my intention... I was just bringing up a challenge.. That's just my nature. :) I'm glad you have such an awesome aunt. She sounds like a beautiful woman!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010