How to glue ribbon on ribbon if I use a glue gun you can see the glue through and I need help?

clurcook

Asked by clurcook at 5:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• what about glue dots? not sure what type of project your doing but you wouldnt be able to see those through the ribbon
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• If you are using a hi-temp glue gun, you shouldn't have that problem depending on what you are making.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Are you trying to avoid the dark glue spot from the glue guns? If so, try using fusible webbing (it irons on). It will be more work, but any glue will probably make the dark spots. If you need strength glue dots won't cut it, we purchased them for craft projects and they just don't hold up for much of anything but paper to paper.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have also seen people sew ribbon tyogether - which you may be able to see, depending on what you are making.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 9:13 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Fabric Glue
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I use the fabric glue, it works well depending on what your doing it for.....I've made very nice tie backs for my curtains and drapes with this, a glue gun dose not do a good job, I've tried that also.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010