I have a question about homosexuality? adult content

This question is for people that actually feel like it is not good for kids under 16 to be exposed to. I feel like little children should not be taught about it until they can make up their own mind. I feel like if we say that it is ok, that it may make them think that it is ok to try. I also feel like children that arent exposed to it wont try it. Just like drugs.

I am not saying that all kids exposed to it will try things that were never talked about. I just dont want my child to learn about it because I feel it is wrong. I will put my child in private school just to help shield them from this over exceptance. I just feel like kids need not know so they do not share with other kids. We are suppose to get married and have children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• KUDOS TO YOU!! My son is only 3 now, bu he WILL know homosexuality is WRONG! If he turns out to be gay, yes I would still love him but I would not support it and would educate him on the religous stand point on it....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• hmmm... I don't believe that homosexuality is right, either..., but at the same time I can't shield my child from the world. We are supposed to love one another.. There is a relative of ours who is gay and my son has the right to know so that he can love him for who he is.. that doesn't mean he's going to become homosexual because he has a relative who is... I don't go around discussing it with him of course, but if it comes up then hey, yes he is... and if he asks how I feel about it I will just say that well, I don't believe it's right, but that I still love him with all my heart...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I went to private school and let me explain this to you. The richer the school the richer the kids which comes along with the stronger drugs and more "experiences"; that you don't want your child having. I have never hid anything from my kids bc I dont want them growing up closed minded and honestly who am I to judge another person. Your beliefs while I do not agree with them I respect them but the world is a huge place and you cant hid your kids from everything unless you plan on making an island home and no contact with the outside world. By not answering your kids questions or preparing them for what really is around outside you might be doing the opposite and they may want to try it more bc you are trying to hide them from it. Also did you make a conscious choice to be straight? Neither did they to be gay. The wonderful thing about the world is that it is full of different and amazing people that do different things.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What is your question about homosexuality?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• The question is for people who BELIEVE that it's not good to raise THEIR OWN children with the chance they may be gay, homo, or queer, or turn to the same sex. If given the choice, I'd say most of us would never date, be with , marry, pet, cuddle, write a note with hearts on it, or ask for advice from anyone of any sex,

ANY COUPLES WILL HAVE TROUBLE> Read it its' in the bible, where Paul says himself, that he is better for not having any sin of the flesh in his heart, mind, or physical, emotional, and personal life. Some of the population may think or believe it's nice not to have anyone at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• What is the question?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't believe it is your place to judge in a large portion of people it is NOT A CHOICE. I believe it is my place to educatie my family not judge oters. I also believe I am no god so therefore I can't judge anyone. So again what is your question? I am not gay and have 3 sons and many gay friends. I also have family members who are gay so again what is your question is it ok to be judgmetnal is thatyour question.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 6:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Seriously? You hope their children turn out gay? And grow up and hate their parents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Parents have rights to raise their children not being a homo- '"sexual" is right. Not to be a homo- sapien is just wrong.

Do the best thing by the truth that is in your heart. No one is doing anything wrong to protect some children from this , it's not THEIR children, LAY OFF all you bashers. This post was meant to be for the righteous reasons to raise her child and not get bashed for it, it's cafemom, not people bashing hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Hm. I taught my daughter about homosexuality when she asked and explained it the way I would any relationship. Didn't go into the mechanics, just said sometimes people want to marry the same gender. Pretty harmless. She doesn't want to try it any more than she wants to "try" heterosexuality.
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 6:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010