Do you bring potluck dinners to church?

It's been so long since I've been to one of these. We were used to having one at least once per month. They had long tables and every style of food, from meatballs, to chile, to scalloped potatoes. What did you like most?
What did you usually bring to a potluck dinner at church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• sometimes
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Spaghetti and meatballs and apple pie were well recieved and cost effective too!
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Our church still has them. I hate potlucks. I'll only eat if I know the person who brought the food.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes, creamy scalloped potatoes.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We haven't one in a while...can't say I miss it! I always spend the whole time trying to keep my kids from running around while I'm trying to stuff my face...LOL Small church, but full of good cooks! I bring an eclair cake, seven layer salad, and brown sugar smokies.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We brought a lot  of things. Gallons of Iced Tea, Homemade desserts, and usually a common casserole or salad most people would eat. The thing we always liked the most was Karen's chicken and dumplings and she refused her recipe to others, it was awesome.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I'm always good for a dessert and salad, usually some kind of bread, too. Several of the women in our church make big meats (ham, brisket, roast, etc.) and there are always alot of casseroles but there are never enough veggies, so I've also started taking at least one or two plain, hot veggies. We have potlucks on 5th Sundays (usually once a quarter) and before major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No, miss it we have a new church building so we are still in the stage of keeping it pretty for no food or drink allowed. Pulled pork was always a hit, sometimes I took buns and sometimes rice.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010