Do your kids share a room?

Would you prefer them not to if you had the choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some do, some don't, some will and some won't. Sometimes you never know who you are going to find where. It all works for me.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• mine do we dont have an extra room if they wanted their own both boys
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, but I like it for now. They are both babies, and both boys. When they are older they will get separate rooms.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• They did for a few months when we lived in an apartment. They don't anymore. I like them to have separate rooms.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have 7 children and 6 rooms.. One for my and DH so my twins have to share and my two older ones have to share and the rest of them have seperate rooms. My two older are moving out in a few weeks (off to college) and then everybody will have their own rooms and we'll fix the attic for when they visit.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, all three of my daughters share a room. My youngest used to have her own room, but she wouldn't sleep in there by herself, so we moved her in with the older two (who are twins) and she sleeps much better! Which is fine now, because we are expecting another baby, and he is a boy, so I need that room for him anyway.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i only have the baby in my tummy lol but i did share a room with my brother until i moved from my mother house and in with my dad. then my brother and i had our own rooms.... and i had my own bathroom.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My 3 sons usually had to share a room. We moved a lot. I don't think room sharing was a bad thing. Only the youngest thinks it was and it wasn't that big of a deal to him until he was 16 and older.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My girls share a room, but they are 3 and 1-1/2 so it's not a very big deal to either of them right now. I would prefer them to have separate rooms (they actually did when my youngest was born, but we were forced to move to a smaller place) because it's frustrating when one of them is sick or cranky, they keep each other awake. But other than that, it works pretty well and they seem more inclined to play together when all of their toys are together in one room.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes my kids share and I doubt we ever have the choice for them not to. We have 5 kids and there is no way we could ever afford a 6 bedroom house. Right now we live in a 3bed house. The 3 girls (10, almost 8 and 4 1/2) share one room and my almost 9yo son has the other room while the baby (8 weeks) is still in our room. Once the baby is sleeping through the night he'll start sharing with his brother. It will probably be like that until they start going to college/move out. That's life. At least they'll know how to live with roommates. I always had my own room (well from about the time I was 7 when my mom moved my 5yo brother out of my room because we kept each other up all night) and never dealt well with having roommates in college.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010