What Were you doing when the towers went down?

- i was in 7th grade in history our school didnt tell us what was happening all the teachers were called out and told about what happen and were told not to turn on the t.vs then right when we got on the bus the bus driver told us what happen..when i got home my mom was waiting for us, at home with the tv on.. she was very upset and scared i will never forget it.

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i was in the hospital recovering from a tonsilectomy
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in English class in college..Each student had a laptop at the time, so we all knew what was going on right away. I remember then my english teacher getting a phone call from her mom...her brother and sil were inside the Pentagon when it was hit. God I swear, I remember every single detail about that day. It still scares the crap outta me.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• at home cleaning
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i was in my current events class in highschool (ironic i know) we were watching the news and heard about the first and watched as the second one came down.... i cried so much.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was getting ready to go to high school.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was in college... I was on my home from my morning class listening to the radio about the first tower that had been hit.... a little while after I got home the second tower was hit
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We usually didn't watch morning TV. One of my sons went somewhere in the car and heard something on the radio and turned around and came home. He said, "I think it is the beginning of WW III Mom." I will never forget that. We saw the second jet hit in real time.

One of the saddest stories I remember was that of a service dog. One of the shore authorities left his dog where he thought the dog would be safe and told the dog to stay. The dog was killed. They showed pictures of the dog and stories about all the good things he had done. The officer/handler was uninjured and was so upset. In disasters the stories of the animals always stay with me.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was at school (middle school)
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was getting ready for my spanish college class, we didn't actually have class that day the teacher let us watch tv instead.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was sleeping when it first happened. I got ready for school and came into the living room where my parents were watching the news coverage. (I dont think the second building had been hit yet.) At that point, nobody had concluded it was a terrorist attack.
    I got to school and during the morning announcements they filled us in on what happened. I remember sitting in science class watching the news coverage and crying with my classmates. we watched it the entire class period. Some kids chose to go instead to the cafeteria where our school counselors were offering support. Some kids were picked up by family....
    I will never forget the memorial at the seattle center in the days that followed. One of the most powerful things I have ever experienced. Muslims hugging big burly bikers and crying together...that is something Seattle is good for. Seeing what people have in common instead of pointing fingers...
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010