crock pot

I have a crock pot that someone gave to me as a gift and I have never used it. What are your favorite things to make in your crock pot?

Paix

Asked by Paix at 6:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• roasts and chicken
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I LOVE my crock pot and cook just about anything in there!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Stew, corned beef and cabbage, pot roast......those are my favorites to make in the crockpot! I also the cheese dip my Mom makes with hers, and the sausages and meatballs people make. Yum. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I make chicken, stews, buttered beef, b.b.q. style pulled pork shoulder (had that for dinner last night), and casseroles. You can even make desserts in there. I"ve got a chocolate cake one that I'm itching to try.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I found the BEST blog....

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

This is a blog by a woman who never used her crockpot either, but made a New Year Resolution to use her crockpot everyday. She has some of the BEST recipes.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 6:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Thanks! So you can pretty much make anything in there? I need to find some websites or something! Thanks Maureen-MD, I'll have a look at that blog :)
    Paix

Comment by Paix (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I even make lasagna in it! Super easy and delicious!!! You can make almost everything in it, just follow the guidelines in your instruction manuel. I also found some really good crockpot cookbooks.......Fix it and Forget it......they have about 5 different ones out.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 6:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yay! Glad you got a crock! They are a mamas best friend I swear. Right at this moment I have been slow cooking Pork ribs in homemade bbq sauce to serve when hubby gets home tonight. Homemade BBQ sauce is super easy and you can make it to your tastes... Generally, I would suggest a beer (tenderizes the meat), 1 can chopped tomatoes with onions, 1 packet onion soup mix, some brown sugar, chili spice, worchester (1 tblsp or so), liquid smoke, some whole grain mustard (2 tblsps or so?), a couple tblsp ketchup or storebought bbq sauce. Whisk it all together, taste, fix if needed, and then pour over your raw meat in the crock. Set crock to low and let cook a good 6-8 hours. Pull out, plate, and pour sauce over the top.
    Tip: NEVER open the lid early, it lets the steam out and the meat turns tough.
    If u sue a roast, brown it in a skillet on all sides first, to seal in the juices, and then follow steps as above... Enjoy!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 8:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I make scalloped potatoes & ham, roast chicken, roast beef, pork roast, stews, chili, soups, cakes, meatloaf, baked apples, baked beans, steak or chicken & gravy, Swiss steak, chicken & rice, mushroom rice (side dish), rice pudding....so many options!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There is a crockpot group here on CM. Look under groups
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010