If you are or were a single mom.....

How long did you wait to intruduce your kid(s) to your so?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm "done" with significant others... :) but if I had one, I'd be upfront immediately.... my son is a huge part of my life.. if they can't handle that, then they are NOT worth even a moment of my time.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My husband came around to visit my cousin and he met my son. I didn't let him be "involved " with my son for about four months. He went to the park with us and out to ice cream. My son called him by his first name.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• a couple weeks.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• its all up to u mama when ever u think ur most comfortable wit him n think hes the right one u wanna take that big step with..cus u dont wanna introduce childeren to different men it just confuses them..good luck
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• 6 months
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:29 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't think you are a single mom if you have a SO. If you have a SO you have someone helping you.  I decided to not be involved with men, (in general) they take more then they give and I needed all I had to give to my kids. It was a good decision and I've been single over 20 years.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:30 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Momoflilguy - agreed on that there is not hiding or anything the fact that my son is and will allways be #1, but idk when to let them meet :)
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Gaill that is crazy! I am mostdefinatly a single mom, and have been since day 1! I live alone with my son and I don't have help - just because you start dating doesn't mean you become not a single mom! *I* take care of my son.....
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• When your significant other says he is ready to meet your son.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i was single for 2 1/2 yrs...my son met my dh a month or so into the relationship (when i decided i really liked him)...we would take him on dates with us and dinners. We never did any of the spin the night type stuff though...not until my dh asked me to move in with him..that was about 8 months in to our relationship and we were already planning marriage
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010