Is the Obama heyday over?

Opinion by Kimberley Strassel from the WSJ: "Seven weeks from Election Day, the vulnerable wing of the majority has finally found itself a campaign isssue: blunt opposition to Mr. Obama and his agenda. Has it only been 20 months?"

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, the question implies that there ever was a "Obama heyday" ... so if I graciously allow that there was indeed, then yes it is over - it ended the moment he was elected.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 6:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes, the Hope and change had proven to be hopelessness and scrounging for change.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yep! But there are still a FEW Obama hangers on who can NEVER admit they were WRONG about the man, no matter how much evidence is presented firect from teh horse's mouth. I suspect this is their modus operandi 24x7. Some people suffere from sever insecurity issues and would rather take some things to their grave, rather than admit their mistakes.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Since there were some of us who were never swept up or away with his craziness I don't really think it was a heyday so much as an epidemic of crazy that swept through some of the population.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think the media heyday of Obama is over. They are turning on him like a snake.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Mom2Just1, using the "f" word does not make you sound educated. Just saying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• There is not one good thing I could say about Oboma. Not one. First time I laid eyes on him I knew he was, and is, evil. He has one agenda, and that is to bring our wonderful nation to it's knees and bring in Muslum rule and ideology! Get real. People wanted change, well they got it all right! This nation will never be the same again as we have known it. Heyday? I don't believe I'd call it that! He's had his moment in the sun but it's getting very, very dark here in the good old USA! Hopefully he will be OUT!!!
    Smiles4U430

Answer by Smiles4U430 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• He didn't have a "heyday". He had a victory tour and a frat party. Yes, we are all rather tired of it. He knows he has gone too far, but he has no idea how to be any other way. He has been pumped up and inflated so much that there is no going back. He will continue on his path without understanding how to change or why we don't approve.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was an educated voter who researched the issues and still voted for Obama.

That statement is very contradictory. You can't be both. It is an impossibility.

Also is anyone else getting pissed that we can't see the answers after they have had a certain number of down votes? I miss all the good laughs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't think that the question is relevant. Obama never had a heyday
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 11, 2010