Severe ALL DAY "morning" sickness...any rememdies that actually work??

It's pretty much allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day. I wear sea bands... not much help but i do seem to feel worse without them. Tried the crackers in bed before getting up thing...nope. Plenty of water...nope. Zofran....not really. Ginger ale....nope. HELP!!

Mrs.Ren.Kutzler

Asked by Mrs.Ren.Kutzler at 6:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Lots and lots of Gatorade! That helped me out a lot!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• best advice i got was don't drink liquid with your meals - wait at least 20 minutes after you eat to drink water or wait to eat for 20 minutes after you drink water to eat. i found that 20 minutes wasn't quite enough but this made a big difference
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• also... vitamin b6. there things like "citranatal b-calm" lozenges and lollipops probably behind pharmacy counter and probably available without prescription (my ob gave me samples). and i hate to eat breakfast that was more protein than anything
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I nibble on top ramen noodles for 3 months. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• try the preggy pops.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• thank u! my ob just gave me samples of the bcalm...it seems to be a little nicer to me (other prenatals made me even MORE sick)...and i was taking the b6 once or twice a day...they said to take it 3X a day... which I'm having trouble remembering to do :/ Pregnancy brain.
    Mrs.Ren.Kutzler

Comment by Mrs.Ren.Kutzler (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My Sister sent me ginger chews they worked wonders for me you can get them at any health food store be sure to take tiny bites thou there a bit spicy =)
    Supermom1580

Answer by Supermom1580 at 7:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• sounds like you might have Hyperemesis Gravidarum have you talked to your dr about it it is sever nausea and throwing up almost constant my friend had this and it went away in her 2nd trimester but she struggled to gain weight. its awful i think if thats your case itd be better to have you dr help ya you might need an iv from time to time
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• they kinda treat me like some kinda liar or something because ive only vomitted a few times...but theres plenty of times i could have but stopped myself (vomitting is pretty much the worst thing in the world for me...ughh). But the nausea is sooooo bad. It may be a little better than it was. But I pretty much go from the bed to the couch...where I whine and complain while I watch DH take care of and hang out with our 6m old twins and 2.5yo...Its heartbreaking..i cant take care of them or enjoy them how I want to... i just sit/lay on the couch and suffer. I've gotten up to go to the store i think twice this week..,if not then just today... and i feel HORRIBLE. Dont get me wrong... i love this new LO and will do whatever I have to in order to get him/her here... i'm just absolutely msierable. I'm kinda hoping it means i'm having a boy (our 3 are girls).
    Mrs.Ren.Kutzler

Comment by Mrs.Ren.Kutzler (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Sorry, I was like that with all of my kids and Ginger was the only thing that helped... If you tried Ginger ale & it didn't work, first make sure it actually has Ginger in it and not just flavoring... OR you could try Candied Ginger, Ginger Snaps or even fresh Ginger... Beyond that I don't know what to tell you... That's just about all I ate for months and months...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010