question about a m/c where you dont have a d&c

ok so i had my m/c last monday.. and i was sent home from the er and told to wait it out..well... I had lots and lots of pain..but i am still not to sure if everything came out.well yesterday i had a appt. at the gyno... and well DH got off work a lil before my appt...and the dr office moved..and we ended up getting LOST!!!! so i called them and asked if i still could come in and they told me that i would have to reschedule...even tho i told them that i dont think everything is out..tho im not sure,and the cant get me in till nov.so i called all around today and found another place that i cant get in on the 26th.well after all of this..today i went to the and i had stopped bleeding and everything like two days ago..well today... instead of blood..it looks like this brownish colored stuff.because im not sure whats going on..and to top it off my side hurts alil too.and i refuse to go back to the er

mommy2eblb

Asked by mommy2eblb at 11:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Health

• It's different for everyone. My 3 m/c were different. The first one I didn't bleed at all. I didn't even hurt. My second hurt like hell, I bled for three weeks. If the pain gets to bad please go to the ER something's wrong. Natural m/c does work and it wil work its way out most of the time..... but def. go back to the dr at some point. Good luck and sorry for your loss....
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I am so very sorry for your loss. This sounds like a lot of mess to go through on top of it all. The PP is right. 100 years ago women miscarried on their own with no medical intervention but if the pain is really bad (doesnt go away with ibuprofen or acetamitophen) I would definitely go to the ER again. I know they can be terribly insensitive but your health is really important and its important that you make sure everything stays in tip top shape so when your ready to try again you dont have to worry about anything. Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would call your regular doctor back--tell them you are in pain and want to be seen. I had 2 m/c--and I am sorry for your loss:-( One I didn't have a d&c, the other I did. I wouldn't wait too long because of the possibility of infection. If it becomes septic, you will be in for some major problems.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• im so sorry you are going through this. when i miscarried i didnt have a d&c either. i bled alot at first, was in pain, and went to the er. i had lost the baby at home, so they didnt keep me long in the er. they told me to follow up with my dr. but like you, i couldnt get in very quickly. i had a little pain afterwards, and bled. eventually i had the brownish discharge like you, and it was my period getting started again. after about a month or so, i had no physical pain left at all, and my monthly cycles corresponded with the same time of the month i had the discharge. again, i am sorry for the pain (physical and emotional) your having to deal with in this. hugs to you...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008