Can I Have Sex When I'm Pregnant?

I didn't with my first kid and the doctor never told me if i could or not, will it hurt the baby?

gracelina

Asked by gracelina at 7:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can have sex unless your Dr says so. No it will not hurt your baby.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes u can its actually encouraged near the end to help induce labor
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• as much as you want.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yes u can as long as dr doesnt say differently and it doesnt cause pain.
    rachel66

Answer by rachel66 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Hubby and I had lots of sex all throughout my pregnancy; I like to think that's the reason I was only pushing for half an hour before my DD came out!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:10 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• you had no sex for the whole pregnancy? the will power :o) im in my 8th month now, and my husband has called it quits lol, i was on pelvic rest for like the first 12 wks and my dr said only bc she didnt want me to spot and get nervous otherwise even high risk she wasnt worried it would harm the baby.
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Wow my Dh would have a fit if we couldn't have sex for an entire pregnancy. Unless the doctor specifically says something then yes it is safe to have sex and actually encouraged to help bring on labor towards the end. We did with both pregnancies up until the very end.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You can do it like rabbits. And there's a 100% chance that you won't get pregnant. Lol. So have fun.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Wow...my dh and I would have lost our mind. yes you can...we induced labor that way!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• YES!!! Just don't use silicone lubricants, because it increases the risk of infection. You can have sex in any position as much as you'd like! In fact, as your due date approaches, it can help ripen your cervix. Plus, the orgasms are mind-blowing! It can also help ease some of the pain and tension you experience as your pregnancy progresses. You can have sex right up to the time your water breaks (if your water has broken, then you risk infection). Unless you're on pelvic rest (due to cervical incompetency or other issues), have at it! You get really creative toward the end with a huge belly to figure out what to do with!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010