Marriage trouble over Facebook

My husband recently joined Facebook. He looked at my friends list. It is almost all female friends from CM and High School. All but one. One I guy I had known in HS long ago. I added him but we never spoke. I hardly even knew him in HS. My husband freaked and called me a whore and we almost got divorced over it. (he also said my photo was too nice looking.) It was a fight that lasted for hours. I have never cheated on him. Never given him reason to distrust me. He has trust issues left from past girlfriends. We have been married for 9 years. I feel really hurt by this. I deleted the guy and changed the picture and offered to delete the account. He won't even talk about it. Everything is kind of back to normal. But I just wonder..did he over react? How should I feel about being treated over this? I'm confused about how I should have handled it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think he completely over reacted. It is not wrong to have male and female friends for the both of you, friends can be the opposite sex without it meaning anything. He needs to get over his insecurities and know not all women are the same. I personally wouldn't changed a thing, but you did what you thought was best.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i'd say he overreacted. if it were my husband i'd ask him what was really bothering him. usually when he freaks out about things there is an alterior motive, even if it's just stress from work.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Are you seriously thinking he didn't over react? Um I have male friends I talk to in person all the time let alone ones on facebook and my DH would never even dream of reacting that way. My DH also has female friends IRL and on facebook and I have no issue with it. There are some serious trust and control issues it sounds like and they really need to be addressed.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• No, You didnt do anything wrong..He has the prob. not you..Dont take your acount down..He will feel that he has won over you, then soon it will go to bigger things in your life ..Like your girlfriends..God knows we all need each other and they want to keep us in a little box ..with no friends..Hope all works out for u..peace & love Sherrell
    sherrell7575

Answer by sherrell7575 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Don't delete your account. He 100% overreacted. You shouldn't have deleted your friend either.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 7:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Of course he overreacted and you did more than I would've to reassure him. He sounds rather immature and insecure to me.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• He overreacted. And I'm sorry you were treated that way. I hope things calm down and work out
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Definite over reaction on his part. I think you should talk with him and see if there's anything else that's upsetting him...
    fujin06

Answer by fujin06 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Seems like his overeaction with NO previous justification in you cheating or something, is a sign of him either being GROSSLY insecure OR he has cheated.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010