Do you think the Children's Aid/Child Protection operates the way it should? Have you any concerns that there is some corruption in your local agency?

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 7:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My brother had his kids removed first and questions asked later and when I read the social workers report I was beyond pissed...all I could think was what that Lying piece of crap for a social worker wrote in her report was going to be reviewed by a judge and he was going to see it as truth because after all she is the dumdshit social worker who knows it all...ohhh I saw then that a socail worker has all the power...all the power to write what she wants in her report and kids lives were on the line...and to tell the truth those kids were treated like dog shit in fostercare and were never abused in their homes with their parents...those kids went through hell because of a false report and a social worker not knowing her job.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think ALL welfare offices need to be watched better and social workers that let ABUSED children fall between the cracks need to be fired.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:24 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I think some social workers need to be doing there jobs and not worrying about people that aren't harming their children. I had CPS called on me because my 8 y/o was playing outside and she said he shouldn't be outside until like 12 or 13, I don't think so. We live in an apartment complex and the new manager had CPS out there everyday because she doesn't like the kids playing outside. She had the nerve to tell my 5 y/o that i would go to jail if she was outside (she was in front of my door.) ANYWAYS, we called the newspaper and they called SS, SS said they would not be back out here.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:23 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Our personal experience with our neighboring counties CPS wasn't too bad. We had a family member's child placed in our custody temporarily last Oct. The first social worker worked with us, she called monthly and visited. Any problems or questions she handled quickly and was genuinely concerned with the child's well being. The second never called or visited. The only time we saw her was when she arrived on our doorstep to say the child could go home. The child was back with us within the a month. she still never visited or called and quickly got a court date to return the child. Even against the GAL recommendation. the last SW was simply interested in clearing her desk. So I have very mixed feelings, And don't get me started on the court system lol (sorry so long)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I have heard so many bad things about so many different cps that it's like anything else they are over worked and understaffed.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 7:19 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I don't know of any corruption but I don't think it's very efficient or staffed nearly enough.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Actually, until I started reading posts at Cafe Mom, I never heard of CPS .... I just hope they know what they are doing.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It depends on the situation, sometimes i have found them to be too harsh., adn other times, I have calld on people, and ws appalled at the fact that they did nothng!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• it depends... here's a counter question though... DO YOU THINK FAMILY SERVICES ARE ADEQUATELY FUNDED?....
    one kinda goes with the other,,, KWIM
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• not me personally
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010