Ultrasounds.

I'm going to my 2nd ultrasound of the month on the 21st. Then I have another one on the 30th. The doctors saw on my Sep 2nd ultrasound that my baby has extra fingers but with her being so small they can't tell if she has the extra toes. I told them this is genetic. Me and my SO were born with the fingers. As were our parents and grandparents. And my first son was born with the toes. So now they're sending me for genetic counseling and through all these ultrasounds. Its pretty annoying. Would you keep going through this if you were me? My insurance is great so I'm not losing money. Just at the doctors a lot. But then again I do get to get new pics of my growing baby.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes! if you know its not a big deal then soak up the payed for us i am having one every four weeks for medically necc. reasons but i love it and weve been through genetic counseling too its not soo bad, i think its worth seeing you baby more and rule out anything else like trisomy(sp) bc i think that might be a concern w the etra fingers, but if you already know it runs in your family im sure its not
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• sure y not its not hurting anything! we had 3 total cuz my hubby didnt believe it was a girl! he wanted a boy so bad! lol oh well!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• **although i dont think thats genetic the (trisomy again sp sorry) but maybe theyd still rule it out
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would go I had 7 ultrasound with my first and I am 27 weeks now and I have already had 4 and going to my 5th on sept. 16th.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010