have/are you going to wash all your baby's clothes before your baby comes

i think i did this with my son but i cant remember! i know thats awful, how important is it to wash everything again....if new and i have stuff put away that was washed months ago

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did it with my first. My younger 2, I just put things right in their drawer.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I did. I washed everything. I had tons of new outfits but i also had some used from my cousin. He had tons of clothes:)
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• okay to mom pam for your younger two did they get a rash or anything ( im sure they didnt )just trying to see the negatives in not washing lol
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i have washed everything new or used, you dont know who has or hasnt been sick touching the clothes before you got them. If u have washed some you have put away they should be fine.
    rachel66

Answer by rachel66 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It's a pretty good idea. The chemicals that are put onto the clothes for shipping (pest repellents and mold resistants and dessicants to keep the fabrics from growing mildew) are pretty gross... they off-gas over time, but the residue should be washed off anyhow.

This is true of all fabrics, as well --shipping isn't dry, pest- or mold-free, so all commercial textiles are shipped with a collection of 'yuck' on.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:37 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• nope, i just rip off the tag and put it on the kids. they have never had any kind of reaction, even my son with sensitive skin hasn't had any reaction.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Nope, they were fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I do wash all the clothes only because most of them have been given to me by some of my friends whose kids have outgrown them. I wash them all wit one type of laundry soap to make sure if she is allergic to it i kno wat was the cause. .
    chiachick2005

Answer by chiachick2005 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i wash eveerything before i put it on them because i dont want them to get a rash or something from it....once they get older they might wear something before i wash it but now as a nb
    pandapoo100

Answer by pandapoo100 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the week before my expected due date my husband and i ripped off tags and opened packages adn washed all my sons cloths blankets socks hand mittens we washed it all with the laundry detergent for infants i think its called dreft, the stain remover from same company helped alot when he sstarted to eat his baby food really helped remove stains.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 7:08 AM on Sep. 13, 2010