How are You Remembering 911?

My husband was scheduled to be on American Flight 11 on that fateful day. By Grace of God, and through a series of fortunate events, his plans changed.

You can read my true story here:
http://www.confabulicious.com/remembering-911-and-how-my-family-was-given-a-second-chance/

Where were you? How do you remember the events of that day?

kimbaustin

Asked by kimbaustin at 7:38 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i was attending rutgers university which is quite close to the city. i don't do anything to remember that day
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was at home, and now reading many question about 911
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:44 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I had just gotten to work and saw the news footage on about the first tower being hit. Sat to get an update on what had gone on and saw the second tower hit and then watched them both fall.

I didnt lose anyone that day, I didnt have military friends or family who left to go to war. So I dont mourn or sit and remember or grieve for the events that happened on that(or any tragic event anniversary for that matter). My life went on and I do my best to be a good person, thats the best way I can honor the lost.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Was in Germany at the time. Sitting in a army base Hotel. Watching it on tv. How do I remember it? Being scared. What is the army going to do to protect us over here. That is what I was thinking.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i pray for all involve and enjoy my life to the fullest because that could have been any of us on those planes/buildings.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:36 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It still hurts too much for me to talk about this.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I know several people who were either supposed to be on one of those planes and didn't make it for some reason, or worked at the pentagon and didn't go to work that day. My heart goes out to the families who did lose loved ones on that day.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:25 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Wow.. what a neat story.
    I was home.. thousands of miles away from it and very pregnant. I watched with the rest of the world, glued... with hopes and prayers.
    The next day I gave birth to my son. I couldn't help but wonder how many took their last breaths when mine took his first.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was at work, and was on a comp. I had tears running down my face and my cell phone ringing off the hook. Today has been a very humble day, for the fear that went to my core on that day to today of all the lives that ended. I just hope that we as a nation will never go through this again.
    Ruthie170

Answer by Ruthie170 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Asleep alone in my moms house. I had just graduated a few months before. My HS friend called me screaming we were under attack. I turned on the tv and the second plane hit. I never felt more alone than that day. When my mom, dad and sister came home, we lit a circle of candles around our flag pole with the flag lowerd to half mass. Today I watched youtube tributes and did the silence on FB. I also posted stuff on FB.
    Wonderlust

Answer by Wonderlust at 12:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2010