nervous first child due in less than 4 wks

When if it does ...does the nervousness go away, and being scared. This is my first child and i am scared and nervous any suggestions....

rachel66

Asked by rachel66 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was the same way with my first. Althought i dont think it ever goes completely away. It will turn more into excitement but u will still be full of nerves.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i was scared with my first child bc i never held or took care of a baby before, let lone a newborn. i was fine and took care of him for a year all by myself and we were just fine. everything just comes natural.... don't worry
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• It goes away...it is good to be a little nervous, that means you really care what happens with the baby. Get other mommy friends to hang out with, they will put you at ease. I was so nervous with my first child, I used to walk around disinfecting everything and screaming at people who tried to touch him. My 3rd child is a year old now, and I let her eat stuff off of the floor....lol Trust me, it goes away! Good luck honey! If you ever want some advice, I am here!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:47 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You'll be too tired to be nervous!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:51 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• id have it really bad at night, it goes away when you go into labor at least it did for me your focused on having the baby and going through labor nervous cant fit in your thought =s at that point lol good luck hang in there its not as bad as some people will try to scare you and say it is and i had 11 hrs at home active labor, not by choice i went in leaking meconium and w 5 min apart contractions and the dumb nurse sent me home bc i was only a finger tip, eve though she noted my water break and contractions, i came back at 2 mins apart she tried to send me home again and his heart rate dipped super low while she was unhooking me, then i finished out 10 more hours of hard labor and not dialating and had a csection bc he kept going down and then his heart rate never came back up....so even after all that we made it and it was every as scary as i thought up in my head
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was nervous until after we got home from the hospital and then I realized I knew what I was doing and billions of women were doing it and have done it so I can too. You will be just fine.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was nervous with my first too. And second. And third! Don't worry. When you see and hold your little one, your intuition will kick in and you will know what baby needs and you won't know how you know, you just will. It sounds strange but until your little one is born, you will just have to take our word for it! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:27 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• this is completely normal even if it wasnt your first. I suggest you take advantage of the help that you have at the hospital and ask as many questions as you can. before i had my son i had never really been around kids under the age of 8 so i had no clue but as soon as you see that baby the motherly instinct will kick in more than you think it will.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I was nervous wit my first child also. It was a boy. I am having my baby gurl in 9 days and am nervous all over again. . Its a baby that is going to depend on you for all their needs an that would make even the bravest female nervous. .Good luck wit ur baby!!!
    chiachick2005

Answer by chiachick2005 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thanks for comments, only fourteen days till baby nervous and excited and i finally picked out a name Anthony Coale
    rachel66

Comment by rachel66 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2010