Young children acting out sexual situations adult content

My MIL has temporary custody of my BILs children. Their mother is a total drug addicted screw up and has messed up her children big time. They ages are 9, 7, 2 1/2 and 15 months. The oldest 2 have their own issues. But recently the younger two 2 1/2 yr old female and 15 mon. old male have been acting out sexual situations according to my MIL and her daughter. Both to each other and on their cousins who the are around quite often. I know that they are just re-enacting things they have seen their mother do for drugs. But my MIL wants to pass it off as them just being babies. My husbands sister who helps care for the children is very upset and no longer wants to care for the kids. Because she caught the 15 mon. old trying to stick his "hoohaa" in her 6 month olds mouth. My MIL is a little upset that we don't want our 2 girls (3, and 18 mons) around any of those kids. I feel justified. Do you think I'm right

Wonderlust

Asked by Wonderlust at 7:45 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are family. Those children need help. I hope that you can find a way to help them.

If you don't want to report them to a child protection agency, why not talk the situation over with your own pediatrician? They CAN be helped, because they are so young.

Hugs to you all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• You can't blame the kids as they do not know any better sadly, but what you can do is help encourage and teach those kids that those actions are not acceptable and stir them in the right direction. It's not normal child behavior, I have never seen my 3 do things like that, so that tells me those kids need proper guidance instead of pushing them away help teach them.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:52 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• definitely!!! OMG! That is so sick! Those poor kids need OUT of that sitch b4 things get worse!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i feel for ya i understand y u dont want them around your girls and before u do they should see some one and talk to them outside the family that they wont take it so personal
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I would not want my kids around that either. Your MIL needs to get some help for those kids, honestly if it were me I would call CPS and make a report. They have been through a lot and getting some therapy for them should be required.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:05 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Your MIL needs to recognize this is NOT normal. It does need to be reported, so the bio mom doesn't get custody back. I can understand why you don't want your kids around them. I wouldn't either. But, I think instead of keeping them away, just don't allow them to be unattended. Since MIL doesn't think it's abnormal, don't leave it to her to attend to them. You can get involved, even if it makes MIL mad. She will just have to get over it. They are young, and they will recover. But they do need help, because this is not normal, not at all. The older ones need help, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yah thats te answer, ust treat themlike freaks and make their life even more terrible than it already is! How is that at all being a good person? GENIOUS! really!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• That's not being a bad person. It's keeping my kids safe. My kids come first. MIL hads made appointment for Therapy. They were taken from their mother and place with my MIL so they can be in a better situation. So them receiving help or their living situation is not an isssue. What is an issue is keeping my kids safe.
    Wonderlust

Comment by Wonderlust (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would say this needs to be reported. That is definitely NOT a normal baby behavior. Eventually, if they're corrected each time, they'll stop doing these things and forget them but it still needs to be reported to keep the mother from regaining custody of these children or keeping custody of any others she might have.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't think this is normal "baby" stuff at all. I think both of them need counseling along with the older children so that they can learn that it isn't right even though it is what they have been exposed to.
    I wouln not want my children around kids that were doing things like that because they don't need to be exposed to it. I would only be there with me there and after they have had therapy and shown that they are not doing things like that anymore.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2010