Restaraunt Gift Cards for Christmas?

I was thinking of doing some gift cards for Christmas & a co-worker of mine suggested restaurant.com because they have gift cards for restaurants at a discount price. I have never used this site and I have looked it over, but I am still a little hesitant. Has anyone used this site before? Have the gift cards worked for you?

jjk45xox

Asked by jjk45xox at 7:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I do NOT recommend it. They had a wonderful sale where you could get $25 gift cards for just $3 each... So I bought 15 gift cards... and NEVER got them... When I complained there was no response...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:50 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i wouldnt use it because when i looked at it you could only choose from very few places..there was only like 2 places that i even recognized. Gift cards are nice ideas though
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Thank you for your feedback! I was very skeptical, the prices seemed just too good to be true, better to just buy them from the retailer.
    jjk45xox

Comment by jjk45xox (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't use that site, but I do think the restaurant gift cards are a good idea.

Paix

Answer by Paix at 1:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If you purchase them at Kroger, using your Kroger rewards card, you get points good for discounted gasoline purchases.

I like the restaurant gift card idea!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have seen ads for restaurant.com gift cards for cheap, but like the pp's said, there were very few to choose from and I was really skeptical of how it all worked too so I didn't get them. Personally, I prefer loaded gift cards that you can use anywhere. I say this because we receive lots of them every year being in the service industry and we have never used but a couple of them. But when we got the loaded "credit" cards, we could use them anywhere we wanted. And we got one once for a place we don't even like so it was like getting nothing at all, kwim?
    miraclebabymine

Answer by miraclebabymine at 5:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I do use it but there are a lot of restrictions on the certificates, just be sure the person you give it to reads carefully. Like with a $25 card there will be a minimum purchase, usually $35 but sometimes $50. And only 1 g/c per table, so you can't go with friends. And by the way, if you wait til a little later in the month, they are always reduced to 80% off.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I just read previous answers. You don't get them in the mail, you print them immediately off your computer. And the selection of restaurants varies according to where you live. We don't have a large selection wher I am, but we are going to Disney world in November, and I got a $50 g/c to Shula's steakhouse for $4. They are legitimate.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Gift cards are great. Putting thought into a store or card selection is like you bought it.
    mbeatles4evr

Answer by mbeatles4evr at 2:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not from Restaurant.com!
    too many stipulations and that is if you actually get the cards!

Gift cards are a Great idea but buy them from the Store, from a place like Safeway or Carrs/Fred Meyer so you can get the reward points.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010