What's the furthest you've ever gone on a trip with your children and how did you travel?

Furthest we've ever gone was from Nova Scotia to PEI. My oldest daughter and I took them. We drove onto the ferry and stayed overnight outside Charlottetown and then drove across the island to the Confederation Bridge which takes you to New Brunswick. And then we drove home. My kids were 12 and 11.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 7:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• HAHAHA I am the winner! lol I took my 3 kids, ages 7, 3, and 1, from NC to Florida, (driving), then we flew to Jamaica, then the same on the way home. We did the same in Haiti. We also drove from TX to NC, and NC to OH, OH to FL, then back to NC. We love to travel! My kids have been all over the place!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:57 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• took my son from NY to FL flying when he was 6 and 7. Took him on a cruise when he was about 10 and again about 13. Flew from NY to AZ when he was 16. Longest car trip was probalby about 200 miles. Because I hate driving on highways. ;p
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• we havent really traveled too far yet...we went from knoxville to panama city..about 12 hours when he was only 6 months old.. then when he was 3 we went from atlanta to hilton head..only 3 hrs. I plan on taking him on a cruise soon..maybe next spring
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• 3 hours to the zoo, Imax theater to see Toy story 3, etc for the weekend. Love it! He as 4 years old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• we took our 4 mnth old to the Tulsa Zoo (horrible - not many animals!). We drove from Quapaw, OK to Tulsa, OK (about 100 miles each way). We stopped at the Mickey D's over the highway, which (even tho she cant enjoy the food), she loved the ladies that fawned over her and gave her a free toy!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Furthest we've gone was to Alaska to visit family. Which, considering we live in Oregon, really isn't that far. But the kids were 2 and 11mo at the time, so 3-1/2 hours felt like a looooong flight!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:56 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We drove from Texas To Indiana, about an 18 hour drive with a 2 y/o, 1 y/o, and 4 month old, we did stop for the night part way. It went surprisingly well =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:58 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• This summer we drove from Chicago to Portland, OR (with a weekend stopover in northeast Missouri). The planned route was about 2400 miles. That's with 5 kids in a pick-up truck. They are 10, 8 1/2, 7 1/2, 4 and the baby was 3-4 weeks old at the time. It takes about 7-8 hours to get from Chicago to my in-laws' house in Missouri. Then after 3 days there we drove through Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon and to our new house which is actually over the river in Washington. It took us 5 days. 2 nights we stayed in motels, 1 night we camped and 2 nights we slept in the truck because we ran out of money. :(
    It was quite the adventure.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:01 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• We drove from Michigan to Florida when my kids were 11, 10 and 5. They did fine.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My kids are 14, 6 and 4 and we went from Florida to Taiwan. 3 hour flight to Atlanta, 14 hour flight to Japan, and then 3 hour flight to Taiwan, followed by a two hour bus ride to get to the city we were staying in. All total, 26 hours worth of traveling, each way.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:08 PM on Sep. 11, 2010