I just became a single mother, help!

Hello! i recently broke things off with my bf of 7 years, we have a 4 yr old son. The agreement to separate was peaceful, we still disagreed with alot but we've came to realize that we will never have a common sense of reality...but we have agreed to be good parents which means we will work together when it comes to evrything thats has to do with our son and not let our personal probs affect us.

Now i would like some advice on how i can pick myself up, i have a lot to work on bc i havent been single since i was 19, ive lived with him ever since AND he was my first everything!! ahhh!....but most inportantly i want some idead on how i can bond with my son more since it will mainly just be me and him, we have our own nice place, im a full time student and have been blessed with having a mom who set up a college fund for me to live off until i graduate so financially im good, i want some fun ideas and serious advice! THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• The things that kids remember the most are the little things, like playing play dough with him and sitting having movie night. Now that it's just the two of you most days the bonding will come quite naturally I would think. Good Luck, momma.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• if possible find an hour or two a week to let him spend with someone other than you. Both of you will need breaks from each other.
    wvamomma

Answer by wvamomma at 8:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My LO loves it when I read to her at night. I read her 3books and she really likes that time we spend.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 8:11 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My 5yr old loves to help me cook and bake. He has been helping cook since 3yrs. I think that is the biggest thing all my kids love =) We also go hiking, park, fishing, lots of fun (free) stuff. Just have fun =) Bonding comes in all things done together.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 10:18 PM on Sep. 11, 2010