how long to wait? adult content

how long did you wait to have sex after you gave birth? with my first son it was 3 weeks. It will be 3 weeks since I gave birth this Wednesday and I have been wanting to since we got home but knew I couldnt. Is it true that if I feel up to it I should be ok? I still feel a little sore to the touch down there but it's more or less like when ur on your period and your sensitive from the blood flow to the area. I've stopped bleeding and everything too. I just miss my husband so much.

Asked by travisnowensmom at 8:00 PM on Sep. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Do your thang, I say...I usually waited about 4-5 weeks, but I always had c-sections. I would take it slow, though, and trust your body to know when to stop.

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Go with how you're feeling. Some women heal faster than others, so as long as you gave yourself a few weeks, and you really feel up to it, I say go for it.

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:03 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• My CNM told me to wait 6 weeks after my first baby until she checked me. Usually you are instructed to wait until after your check-up. It should say on the papers they gave you at the hospital or birth center.

Answer by Gailll at 8:04 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I thought medically you were supposed to wait 4-6 weeks to be completely healed. I know that's a long time, but you dont need to do everything to be close w/ your husb. Be creative & allow yourself to heal too. Congrats on the new baby :)

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Lets see first time I waited like nine weeks cause I had an episiotomy and it hurt really bad when I tried at six weeks. Second baby no episitomy, got two stitches and I waited a month. Third baby no tears at all and I only waited 17 days and I was fine. Fourth and fifth babies (twins) c-section and I waited 26 days and it was fine. So you just have see how you feel.

Answer by twinmama2five at 8:07 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I had a c-section and we had to wait 6 to 8 wks...

Answer by 1lilgirl at 8:09 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• i say wait..i waited 6 wks as directed and it was well worth it when i had sex for the first time after the pregnancy with my SO it felt like the first time we ever made Love..It was Awesome

Answer by MinnieMoni at 8:14 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• I didnt tear or need an episiotomy (sp?) I feel great and I never got anything from the hospital saying what I could or couldnt do. I've been doing all my normal, walking everyday, playing with my 4 year old. I feel completly normal lol. My doctor said I could exercise from day one as long as I felt up to it and knew my limits. I guess I could wait one more day and call them on Monday and ask lol. i dont want to wait though haha

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Usually not till after your 6 week check up

Answer by Wonderlust at 8:22 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Generally you should wait 6 weeks. I waited 7 weeks with my daughter since I had really bad tearing and with my son I waiting I think 4 weeks.

Answer by frugalistamom2 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 11, 2010